Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cousins, Pumpkins, Julian of Norwich

Clare, Martha and I took the day off for some much need cousin-time. We went to Green Bluff (a gorgeous part of Spokane...farm country) and picked out pumpkins from what must have been the reject pile because let me tell ya- SLIM PICKINS. I found myself a keeper though. 


I am writing an 8 pager on Julian of Norwich. She's one of the most famous Christian mystics and guess what!!?!?! SHE LIVED IN AN INDENT IN THE WALL OF A CHURCH. It was called being an "anchoress" and it literally meant that you were fenced into a hole in the side of the church. It makes no sense to me either. Wikipedia it for yourself if it sounds too crazy to believe. 

Opening the bagel shop with Clare tomorrow. Setting my alarm for 5:57, 6:04 and 6:10. Why do I do this? No- I am not asking that just so I can explain to you my reasoning. I seriously want to know why I do that. Any guesses? I'm pretty sure that I set three alarms because I like to be able to go back to bed after the first two go off. But why the random, uneven, times? 

UGHHHHHH this paper seems to be getting SHORTER every time I go back to it. As if every time I break from it to check facebook it automatically deducts 500 words of what I've already written. 500 words worth of blood, sweat and tears. Well, I guess there's been no blood shed. But I do have a hangnail that's puffy and has that pinkish look like it is almost bleeding! And I guess I am not really sweating either- but that's only because the townhouse is FREEZING and my pores have retracted like a recently violated sea anemone. As for the tears- well, if my icy black heart would allow it, they'd be pouring down my cheeks and dripping off my chin into deep, salty puddles collected at the soles of my waterproof cowboy boots and quickly rising like a high tide until their choppy, white-capped waves splashed angrily against my reincarnated dermatofribroma. 

Tori came up with a good idea for my blog. I will reveal it tomorrow. Goodnight my deers, 

Madge

2 comments:

Unknown said...

is your derma back????

AJK said...

you called us animal deers- ha. i like the boots, nice to see them out in the real world. crazy about that lady, it would suck to live in the crack of a wall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...